Digital Photography | Intermediate
Why this course?
This photography course will give you the practical skills needed to raise the standard of your photographs to a higher level. Each week we will explore a different photography genre and look at still life, landscape, portrait and street photography.
You are expected to already understand the basic principles of ISO, shutter and aperture, having already studied at beginners level in order to move onto learning about metering modes, AEL, working in RAW, built in camera filters, monochrome settings, advanced colour management and tripod use. We will also look at studio lighting, external flash photography, as well as learning about post production techniques for photographers using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
You must have a DSLR or camera with manual settings and a tripod. Please note external flashes and reflectors will be available to lend during lessons.
student Views Intermediate Photography Student
Most enjoyable and instructive course. It gave me an insight into genres of photography. Above all it was fun.
- You will need a DLSR camera with a manual setting and a tripod
- You must have completed the beginners course or equivalent
This photography course will give you the practical skills needed to raise the standard of your photographs to a higher level.
You will learn about the range of technical skills needed to get the most out of a digital SLR camera, including:
- Shutter speed
- Depth of field
- Using a tripod
- Studio lighting
- Flash photography
- Natural lighting
- Colour temperature
- Colour management
- Adobe Photoshop.
Why the MET?
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- High-quality learning resource centres providing library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
This course is eligible for a 50% discount if you are in receipt of certain benefits. Find out more about the eligibility criteria and how to apply for this discount here.
If you are an international student (you don't hold UK Settlement Status), different fees apply. Please click here to read more and find out how to apply.