Early Years & Childcare | NCFE Certificate for the Early Years Practitioner | Level 2
Why this course?
Our childcare department has an excellent track record of student progression to employment and higher education. You will learn about caring for children from birth to seven years of age, linking classroom theory with hands-on experience through regular work placements. This experience will equip you with the skills and confidence required for this challenging and rewarding industry. The course provides:
- Fantastic links with local hospitals, schools and nurseries
- Work placements for practical experience
- Inspirational guest speakers
- High progression rate to employment
At least 3 GCSEs at grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths. Plus two references; at least one from working with children and an enhanced DBS.
If you do not qualify for Level 2, you can start on our Level 1 Early Years & Childcare course and then progress to Level 2 after that.
- Human and lifespan development
- Health and social care values
- Effective communication in health and social care
- Healthy living and the impact of nutrition
- Creative and therapeutic activities
- Care of children
Why the MET?
- High-quality work placement opportunities in a range of settings, so you can experience multiple aspects of early years
- Good levels of progression to employment and apprenticeships
- Well-known and respected qualification by employers
- Support in gaining employment, including help with CV writing
- Many of our students gain employment at their placement, when they leave college
- Inspirational guest speakers and industry related trips and visits
- Industry-experienced teaching staff who are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims
We have excellent links and partnerships with local employers to ensure we can place you in a suitable setting that fits your needs and career aspirations.
You will develop work-related skills, knowledge and understanding as well as experience employment within the childcare sector.
Northbrook College is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas. This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
Upon completion, you can continue on to the Level 3 Certificate and Diploma in Childcare and Education or start an apprenticeship. Alternatively you can seek employment, with a licence to practise at Level 2.
Future careers include:
- Nursery worker
- Nursery nurse
- Teaching assistant
- Primary school teacher
- Social worker
- Children's holiday rep
Course fees and finance
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704
You may have to purchase a placement uniform and it is advised you purchase a textbook costing £25.