Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) | Level 3
Why this course?
If you are interested in a career in the electrical industry, then this course will provide the experience and knowledge required to progress to becoming a qualified electrician. Using a mix of taught sessions and project work, you will be trained to fabricate containment, install and terminate cables, inspect and test electrical installations, and diagnose and rectify electrical faults, along with learning about the underpinning industry regulations and electrical science.
- Purpose-built Construction and Trades Centre
- Industry-standard facilities and equipment
- Expert lecturers with years of experience
- Opportunities for work experience
In order to study this Level 3 course, you must have completed the Level 2 Diploma Electrical Installation course.
About this course
You will work in the purpose built Construction and Trades Centre in a real work environment.
You will be taught by highly-experienced teachers who have years of collective knowledge and industry experience between them.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims. The course also provides links with local employers.
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Different types of cables
- Different working environments (domestic, commercial, industrial)
- Inspection, testing and commissioning of electrical Installations
- Electrical theory
- Electrical systems design
- Fault diagnosis in electrical installation and fault rectification
- Careers within building services
- Purpose-built electrical centre at the new Construction and Trades Centre which provides a real work environment and industry standard facilities.
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
Brighton MET is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas.
You are expected to seek employment within the industry and you will be given support to achieve this.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
After Level 3 you can progress to an apprenticeship to gain the City & Guilds qualification required to be a fully-qualified electrician.
Future careers include:
- Electrical engineer
- Industrial installer
- Project manager
Course fees and finance
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704