Electrical | Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) | City & Guilds Diploma Level 3 | Brighton MET
Why this course?
This course provides the next step to becoming a qualified electrician and includes qualification knowledge, work experience, enrichment activities and project work.
The course will look at health and safety in building services engineering, different types of cables, different working environments (domestic, commercial, industrial) and inspection, testing and commissioning of electrical installations.
You will also learn electrical theory, electrical systems, design fault diagnosis in electrical installation and fault rectification.
Our £9 million Construction and Trades Centre provides excellent facilities for our students. The workshops are designed to simulate industry conditions and are equipped with industry-standard tools and materials. Expert lecturers with years of experience prepare our students to become the next generation of construction workers and tradespeople.
The UK construction industry is a major employer and qualified electricians have exciting opportunities for work, varying from domestic environments to shop fitting, theatre electrics, fire alarms, CCTV and data networking.
In order to study this Level 3 course, you must have completed the Level 2 Diploma Electrical Installation course.
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Different types of cables
- Different working environments (domestic, commercial, industrial)
- Inspection, testing and commissioning of electrical Installations
- Electrical theory
- Electrical systems design
- Fault diagnosis in electrical installation and fault rectification
- Careers within building services
Why the MET?
You will work in the purpose-built Construction and Trades Centre in a real work environment with industry experience teachers. The course also provides links with local employers.
You will be taught by expert teachers who have years of collective knowledge and industry experience between them. Our teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
- Purpose-built electrical centre at the new Construction and Trades Centre which provides a real work environment and industry standard facilities.
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
Brighton MET is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas.
You are expected to seek employment within the industry and you will be given support to achieve this.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
After Level 3 you can progress to an apprenticeship to gain the City & Guilds qualification required to be a fully-qualified electrician.
Future careers include:
- Electrical engineer
- Industrial installer
- Project manager