Electrical | City & Guilds Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) | Level 2
Why this course?
This course is designed for new entrants to the industry, providing you with the basic skills and experience you need to progress onto further training (Level 3) within electro technology.
You will gain experience by working in our workshops that simulate the workplace.
This is an evening class taught at our East Campus in Brighton.
English and Maths GCSE grade 9-1 (A*-G) or equivalent. An interview is required.
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Facilities and Brighton MET
- Purpose-built electrical workshop at the new Construction and Trades Centre
- Real work environment and industry standard facilities
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks