Electrical | NVQ Diploma in Electrical Installations (on site units and AM2 Test) | Level 3
Why this course?
This NVQ in Electrical Installations is designed for candidates that have completed a Level 3 Diploma (Technical Certificate) in Electrical Installations. This is a work-based qualification that includes on-site assessments and the AM2 test. After successful completion of this course candidates will be qualified electricians and able to get an ECS card. All of the units and practical assessments for this course take place on-site in the workplace.
Candidates need to be working in industry with an electrician to enable the practical evidence to be assessed by our assessor.
This course runs throughout the year, you can start at any time.
The date indicated below is for example purposes only.
Please select 'apply' and we will contact you to discuss the most suitable start date.
Applicants must have completed (or be working towards completing) an Electrical qualification – 2357-13, 2365-03 or 2330.
You must be working in industry with an electrician to enable the practical evidence to be assessed by our assessor.
Course units include
- Applying health and safety legislation and working practices (installing and maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment)
- Applying environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems.
- Overseeing and organising the work environment
- Planning, preparing and installing wiring systems and associated equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Terminating and connecting conductors, cables and flexible cords in electrical systems
- Inspecting, testing, commissioning and certifying electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Electrotechnical occupational competence