ESOL | 16+ Full-time study programme
Why this course?
The ESOL 16+ study programme is a full-time study programme for 16-18-year-old second-language speakers.
The course will help you improve your speaking and listening, reading and writing in English, as well as give you a rounded educational experience to prepare for further study and employment. You will have the opportunity to gain study and life skills and increase your confidence.
You will study Maths, IT and the Prince's Trust Achieve programme, and you will participate in a tutorial and enrichment programme. You will receive personalised guidance and information about progression paths.
There is the opportunity for Level 1 students to take part in taster sessions on vocational courses in the second term. At the end of the year, we want you to leave with your personal confidence and life skills boosted as well as your English, Maths and IT skills improved. Successfully completing this course will ensure you are ready to take the next step to reach your goals.
- Entry 2 – Level 1 ESOL Reading (Ascentis)
- Entry 2 - Level 1 ESOL Speaking & Listening (Ascentis)
- Entry 2 - Level 1 ESOL Writing (Ascentis)
- Entry 3 Personal Development & Employability Skills (Princes Trust)
- E2 or E3 Maths Qualification
- L1 LASER Award in IT
NB: All students assessed on entry and entered for the exam level deemed appropriate.
Course Start: 06/09/2021
Course End: 08/07/2022
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon which are both open to the public and offer exceptional value