ESOL | Speaking & Listening English
Why this course?
This course is ideal for people who want to improve their English speaking and listening skills.
The courses run at 5 different levels from Entry 1 (post beginner) – Level 2 (Advanced). The courses are designed to improve your listening and speaking skills, but you will also work on reading and writing. You will learn lots of new grammar and vocabulary in contexts that are current and of interest to the student group. At the end of the course you will take an ESOL exam (Ascentis) in Speaking and Listening.
Speaking and Listening courses take place in the first term. When you have completed the course, you may be able to progress onto the Reading term (Term 2) and then the Writing term (Term 3).
People on certain benefits are exempt from paying fees.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon which are both open to the public and offer exceptional value