Gym Instructor | YMCA Certificate | Level 2
Why this course?
The fitness industry is an ever-expanding sector and there is a range of careers available including personal training or gym instructing. To succeed in these areas you will need to be certified, and this course offers a recognised qualification that employers trust.
So if you are interested in sport and leisure and would like to translate that into a career in the sports industry then this fitness instructor course will allow you to gain a Central YMCA Gym Qualification that will set you on your way to becoming a fitness or gym instructor.
Click here to see fee information.
|CM0050-1C||05 Jan 2021||East Brighton||Tuesdays & Thursdays 6.00pm - 9.00pm||24 weeks||£770.00|
Studying sport at the MET will prepare you for a career in the sports industry. You will receive specific coaching or fitness career development and guidance with well-informed university-level progression support.
Our East Campus has fantastic facilities for students and is a major provider of sports courses in the South East. The College attracts external tournaments due to its state-of-the-art boxing ring, AstroTurf and 3G pitches, sports hall and gymnasium. Students also enjoy access to the South Downs and Brighton Swimming Centre, and the College provides enrichment activities such as yoga, circuit training and table tennis.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
the heart and circulatory system
the respiratory system
structure and function of the skeleton
postural and core stability
the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults - both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
The course fees are £770.00.
This is a full cost course with no concessions.