Inclusion | Learning for Employability & Progression | Level 1
Why this course?
These SEND courses cater for 16-25 year olds with mild/moderate learning difficulties, behavioural or social needs. These courses are also suitable for people with mental health concerns.
Students gain skills and confidence through activities such as external day trips, community volunteering and work experience. You will also have opportunities to try vocational courses at the College in areas such as catering, construction and music. Courses include literacy, numeracy and IT, as well as jobs search and employability skills.
- Independent learning and research
- Extended work placement
- Accessing local health and fitness facilities
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Preparing for adulthood
After completion of Gateway 3 (Level 1), you can progress to further study or employment.
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704