Laser Entry | Learning for Employability | Entry Level 3
Why this course?
These SEND courses cater for 16-25 year olds with mild/moderate learning difficulties, behavioural or social needs. These courses are also suitable for people with mental health concerns.
Students gain skills and confidence through activities such as external day trips, community volunteering and work experience. You will also have opportunities to try vocational courses at the College in areas such as catering, construction and music. Courses include literacy, numeracy and IT, as well as jobs search and employability skills.
Individual applications will be reviewed for appropriate skills and readiness for each level but you should have achieved an Entry Level 2 in literacy.
- Work experience to suit aspirations
- Vocational course tasters
- English and maths
- Job searching and employability
- Community projects
After completion of Gateway 2 (Entry Level 3), you may be able to progress to Gateway 3 - Laser Certificate in Learning for Employability and Progression or to a vocational course.
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704
Course is free if you meet the following criteria
You may not have to pay any fees if you will be aged 19 or over when you begin this course and:
- You are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- OR you are receiving a means tested benefit, earning less than £345 per month (take home) if you are a sole claimant or £552 a month if you have a joint claim with your partner, and are completing the course to improve your employability
- OR if you are working and earn less than £18,525 per year (gross pay)
You will need to provide evidence and sign a declaration when you enrol.
If the above does not apply to you, you may still be eligible for a subsidised fee. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704
If you will be aged 19-23 when your course begins and you have not already achieved a full Level 2 or above, you may not have to pay any fees. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: email@example.com | 01273 667704