Gateway Catering | C&G Certificate in Introduction to Hospitality Industry | Level 1
Why this course?
These SEND courses cater for 16-25 year olds with mild/moderate learning difficulties, behavioural or social needs. These courses are also suitable for people with mental health concerns.
Students gain skills and confidence through activities such as external day trips, community volunteering and work experience. This course is a specific introduction to the hospitality and catering industry.
Gateway courses also include literacy, numeracy and IT, as well as jobs search and employability skills.
Individual applications will be reviewed for appropriate skills and readiness for each level but you should have achieved an Entry Level 2 in literacy.
- Work experience to suit aspirations
- Vocational course tasters in catering and hospitality
- English and maths
- Job searching and employability
- Community projects
After completion of Gateway Catering, you may be able to progress to a vocational course in the same field.
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
If the above does not apply to you, you may still be eligible for a subsidised fee. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: email@example.com | 01273 667704