Theatrical & Media Make-up - Level 3 Extended Diploma
If you would like a career as a make-up artist, this course will give you the knowledge and skills to get you started. With opportunities to express your creative ideas, Level 3 specialises in make-up. You will also learn about client consultation, team working, problem solving and research skills.
To join this course, you must have successfully completed the Level 2 course in Make-Up & Hair Artistry.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Cosmetic make-up science
- Media make-up
- Photographic make-up
- Airbrush make-up
- Cosmetic camouflage
- Styling and dressing hair
- Face and body art
- Style and fit postiche
Why this course at the MET?
- Excellent training facilities
- Professional salons that are open to the public
- High-end industry branded equipment and products
- Highly skilled and qualified lecturers
- Lecturers with current industry experience
- Strong industry and employer links
Students on the Make-up and Hair Artistry courses benefit from a dedicated workshop/salon area for their studies.
Our expert tutors have years of professional experience and inspire our students to reach their potential and prepare them for employment. The MET has excellent links with the industry and you will take advantage of this through guest lectures/visits.
The MET's Broadwater Campus offers a modern and well-equipped environment in which to learn about the exciting Hair and Beauty industry. Students benefit from industry-standard equipment as well as enjoying Starbucks beverages on-site, hot and cold food from our excellent canteen, IT suites for research projects and the Learning Resource Centre (Library).
Further study and future careers
You may choose to develop your knowledge and skills further by completing a specialist qualification in hair, beauty or theatrical make-up. With a good portfolio or an additional year at Level 3 studying art and design, you could progress to university level courses such as the degree in Theatrical Make-Up at Northbrook MET. Our career advisors and tutors are always on hand to guide and advise you in your choices, ensuring you remain on the path to your dream career.
- Film/video make-up and hair artist
- Live theatre make-up and hair artist
- Photography/fashion make-up and hair artist
- Salon make-up artist/stylist
Beautician or related occupation
- Discusses clients requirements, analyses and advises client on appropriate skin care, and applies treatments to the face or body.
- Massages scalp, face and other parts of the body and carries out spray tanning.
- Uses waxing, threading, sugaring and other epilation techniques to remove any unwanted body hair.
- Cleans, shapes and polishes finger and toe nails, applies nail extensions.
- Applies make-up to hide blemishes or enhance facial features and advises clients on skin care and make-up techniques.
- Performs specialist treatments for conditions such as acne, applies skin rejuvenation therapies.
- Recognises problems and refers clients to medical practitioners if appropriate.
- Advises clients on diet and exercise to assist in weight loss and slimming.
- Maintains client records, sells and advises on cosmetic products and services, and ensures appropriate health and safety issues are addressed.
- Active Learning
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies