Hairdressing - VTCT Certificate in Hair Extension Services Level 3
This course will develop your practical skills to an advanced level through intricate work of adding hair extensions and the creative art of cutting women's hair.
The qualification is perfect for those with good styling and cutting skills wishing to broaden their skill set, or for hairdressers wanting to increase their employability or earning potential to a higher level.
- Three well-equipped training salons and a commercial salon open to the public
- High-end industry standard equipment and products
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
Why the MET?
The course provides real-world training facilities. You will use quality professional kits and products in professional salons with paying customers.
Our highly-skilled teachers have current industry experience and the department has strong industry and employer links.
Throughout the course you will benefit from guest speakers and additional training from external companies.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus.
Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
You will need to purchase uniform and kit for this course (cost to be confirmed).
Hairdresser or barber
- Discusses customer requirements, analyses hair condition and other relevant features to define and advise on hair style.
- Washes, conditions, bleaches, tints or dyes hair and provides any necessary basic scalp treatments.
- Cuts and trims hair using scissors, clippers, razor and comb.
- Combs, brushes, blow-dries or sets wet hair in rollers to style or straighten.
- Shaves and trims beards and moustaches.
- Collects payment, arranges appointments and cleans and tidies salon.
- Maintains client records and keeps up-to-date with new products, styles and techniques.
- Ensures hair products are stored and used appropriately and observes relevant health and safety factors.
- Demonstrates, sells and recommends hair care products to clients and advises them on hair care.
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension