Healthcare | Edexcel Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services | Level 5
Why this course?
This course gives you the opportunity to develop technical skills and knowledge and understanding related to job roles in health and social care or children and young people’s services such as understanding safeguarding, managing health and safety risks and partnership working. On the course you will:
- Develop and demonstrate competence in leadership roles within either a social care or children and young people’s services
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 5 qualification
- Develop your own personal growth and engagement in learning
How is this course delivered?
This qualification is delivered in the workplace with the use of unit workbooks and a range of assessments, including observations and reflective review. The qualification and units are graded pass/fail. Your assessor will meet with you/progress learning approximately every four weeks. Study time is approximately 1 day per week.
Who is this course suitable for?
Healthcare support staff can work in a variety of settings within the NHS and private care facilities. The role of the support staffs to provide assistant o healthcare professionals in diagnosing, treating and caring for patients. You need to be working or volunteering to be able to show competence in both knowledge and skills. The content is applicable to a variety of roles, examples of which are included below:
- Adult Nursing Support
- Allied Health Profession (Therapy Support)
- Children and Young People Support
- Maternity Support
- Mental Health Support
- Theatre Support
What will I learn?
On this course, you will:
- Use and develop systems that promote communications
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices
- Work in partnership
- Undertake a research project