Health and Social Care | CACHE Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care | Level 2
Why this course?
This course covers a wide range of subjects within health and social care. In addition to classroom learning, you will also undertake work placements to build up your practical experience. This could mean working in a hospital or with the elderly, children or those with additional needs.
Should you wish to go on to Level 3 before applying to university, you will also be able to explore research methods and develop the skills you will require for your career.
In 2021, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust launched The Health and Care Academy in partnership with GB MET to educate and support the next generation of healthcare workers. This gives you access to valuable work experience and employment opportunities.
- Fantastic links with local employers, including Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Work placements provide practical experience
- Inspirational guest speakers
- High progression rates to employment
alumni Views Daniel MonaghanI was supported by teaching staff and mentors, both in the class and outside the class in extra time. I am very grateful to the staff at Brighton MET.
At least three GCSEs at grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English or maths.
If you do not have these grades, we have options for you. You can start on our Level 1 course and then progress to Level 2 after that.
- Human lifespan development
- Health and social care values
- Effective communication in health and social care
- Healthy living
- The impact of nutrition on health and wellbeing
- Equality and diversity
- Creative and therapeutic activities
Why the MET?
This course offers high levels of progression to employment and apprenticeships.
You will experience different aspects of the sector through multiple work placements. The department has excellent employment links with local hospitals.
Our teachers bring a great range of industry experience and theoretical knowledge, and are committed to helping you attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Throughout the year you will also benefit from inspirational guest speakers and industry related trips.
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Industry standard equipment to develop practical, vocational skills
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
Over 60% of Level 2 students progress to Level 3 courses at Brighton MET.
On successful completion of the course, some students gain direct employment through their work placement and others take up an apprenticeship in a health and social care role. We have excellent links and partnerships with local employers to ensure we can place you in a suitable setting that fits your needs and career aspirations.
After Level 2 you may wish to continue your studies at the MET and progress to the BTEC Level 3 Foundation or Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
You may also want to consider apprenticeship routes into employment, also available through Brighton MET.
Future careers include
- Health care worker
- Social work
- Youth work
- Occupational therapy
Course Costs & Additional Fees
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.
You will have to purchase a t-shirt for your placement uniform costing £10 and it is advised you purchase a textbook costing £25.
Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704