Health and Social Care | CACHE Technical Certificate/Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care | Level 3
Why this course?
This course covers a wide range of subjects within health and social care. The extended diploma (year 2) includes optional units, allowing you to pursue an interest in the specific areas of nursing, social work, paramedical training, occupational therapy, social care and health care. Units include anatomy and physiology, communication in health and social care, working in the care sector, infectious diseases and more.
In addition to classroom learning, you will also undertake work placements to build up your practical experience. This could mean working in a hospital, with the elderly, children or those with additional needs.
Students are given the opportunity to study the CACHE Technical Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care in year 1, followed by the CACHE Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care in year 2.
Should you wish to apply to university, you will also be able to explore research methods and develop the skills you will require for your career.
- Equality, diversity and rights
- Human growth and development
- Communication in health and social care
- Infection prevention and control
- Psychological and sociological perspectives
Why the MET?
- High levels of progression to employment and apprenticeships. You may also consider a university course, if you wish to explore that route.
- Experience of different aspects of the sector through multiple work placements.
- Excellent employment links with local hospitals.
- Tutors with a vast range of industry experience and theoretical knowledge.
- Tutors are committed to helping you attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
- Inspirational guest speakers and industry related trips throughout the year.
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Industry standard equipment to develop practical, vocational skills
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
We have excellent links and partnerships with local employers to ensure we can place you in a suitable setting that fits your needs and career aspirations.
You will experience employment within the care sector and develop work-related skills, knowledge and understanding.
Brighton MET is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
90% of our students have been successful in obtaining places at University to study various programmes.
After the first year of this Level 3 course (which is a Level 3 Technical Certificate), students can progress to a second year of study and gain the CACHE Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma. Alternatively, students may undertake an apprenticeship or seek employment in the health and social care sector.
Future career include:
- Health care worker
- Social work
- Youth work
- Occupational therapy
You will have to purchase a t-shirt for your placement uniform costing £10 and it is advised you purchase a textbook costing £25.
Some financial help may be available.
UK and EU students do not have to pay fees if they are under 19 on 31 August in the year they are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.