Health and Social Care | NCFE Technical Certificate/Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care | Level 3
Why this course?
This course covers a wide range of subjects within health and social care and at Level 3 you can choose from a number of optional modules to specialise in: such as nursing, social work, paramedical training or occupational therapy. In addition to classroom learning, you will also undertake work placements to build up your practical experience.
In 2021, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust launched The Health and Care Academy in partnership with GB MET to educate and support the next generation of healthcare workers. This gives you access to valuable work experience and employment opportunities.
- Fantastic links to local employers, including Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Work placements provide practical experience
- Inspirational guest speakers
- High progression rates to employment
- Equality, diversity and rights
- Human growth and development
- Communication in health and social care
- Infection prevention and control
- Psychological and sociological perspectives
Why the MET?
- High levels of progression to employment and apprenticeships. You may also consider a university course, if you wish to explore that route.
- Experience of different aspects of the sector through multiple work placements.
- Excellent employment links with local hospitals.
- Tutors with a vast range of industry experience and theoretical knowledge.
- Tutors are committed to helping you attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
- Inspirational guest speakers and industry related trips throughout the year.
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Industry standard equipment to develop practical, vocational skills
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
90% of our students have been successful in obtaining places at University to study various programmes.
After the first year of this Level 3 course (which is a Level 3 Technical Certificate), students can progress to a second year of study and gain the CACHE Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma. Alternatively, students may undertake an apprenticeship or seek employment in the health and social care sector.
Future careers include
- Health care worker
- Social work
- Youth work
- Occupational therapy
Course Costs & Additional Fees
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.
You will have to purchase a t-shirt for your placement uniform costing £10 and it is advised you purchase a textbook costing £25.
Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704