Health and Social Care | NCFE Technical Certificate/Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care | Level 3
Why this course?
This course covers a wide range of subjects within health and social care. The extended diploma (year 2) includes optional units, allowing you to pursue an interest in the specific areas of nursing, social work, paramedical training, occupational therapy, social care and health care. Units include anatomy and physiology, communication in health and social care, working in the care sector, infectious diseases and more.
In addition to classroom learning, you will also undertake work placements to build up your practical experience. This could mean working in a hospital, with the elderly, children or those with additional needs.
Should you wish to apply to university, you will also be able to explore research methods and develop the skills you will require for your career.
- Fantastic links to local employers
- Work placements provide practical experience
- Inspirational guest speakers
- High progression rates to employment
- Equality, diversity and rights
- Human growth and development
- Communication in health and social care
- Infection prevention and control
- Psychological and sociological perspectives
Why the MET?
- High levels of progression to employment and apprenticeships. You may also consider a university course, if you wish to explore that route.
- Experience of different aspects of the sector through multiple work placements.
- Excellent employment links with local hospitals.
- Tutors with a vast range of industry experience and theoretical knowledge.
- Tutors are committed to helping you attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
- Inspirational guest speakers and industry related trips throughout the year.
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Industry standard equipment to develop practical, vocational skills
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
We have excellent links and partnerships with local employers to ensure we can place you in a suitable setting that fits your needs and career aspirations.
You will experience employment within the care sector and develop work-related skills, knowledge and understanding.
Brighton MET is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
After this course
90% of our students have been successful in obtaining places at University to study various programmes.
After the first year of this Level 3 course (which is a Level 3 Technical Certificate), students can progress to a second year of study and gain the CACHE Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma. Alternatively, students may undertake an apprenticeship or seek employment in the health and social care sector.
Future career include:
- Health care worker
- Social work
- Youth work
- Occupational therapy
Cost & Finance
The course fee for 21/22 entry is £2,882.00.
You do not have to pay fees if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.
Level 3 entitlement
Course is free if you meet the following criteria
If you will be aged 19-23 when your course begins and you have not already achieved a full Level 3 or above, you may not have to pay any fees. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704
Lifetime Skills Guarantee
The Lifetime Skills Guarantee is part of the government's National Skills Fund, designed to help adults to gain the skills they need for employment and to improve their job prospects.
If you are 19+ and this is your first full Level 3 qualification, you may be able to study this course for free. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: email@example.com | 01273 667704
Advanced Learner Loan
You may be eligible to apply for a loan to meet the course costs of your qualification fees. This is paid directly to the College on your behalf. For more information about Advanced Learner Loans, please click here.
You will have to purchase a t-shirt for your placement uniform costing £10 and it is advised you purchase a textbook costing £25.