History | Summer in the City: Exploring Brighton's Unique History
Why this course?
If you are interested in the distinctive history of Brighton and how it evolved, and enjoy walking through the city and discovering places you might not know, then you will enjoy this course comprising of two classroom sessions and three field trips.
We study the fascinating history of Brighton in two classroom sessions with a brief historical overview and looking at early maps. This will be followed by three field trips, getting to know our unique city, discovering lots of hidden gems and understanding how Brighton evolved from a small Georgian fishing town to the vibrant seaside resort of today.
Your tutor will guide you to further places of interest so that you can stroll around and familiarise yourself during summer, discovering additional hidden gems.
Be prepared to walk on each field trip for almost two hours; to wear suitable clothing for all weather and to bring water if it is hot.
Classroom sessions illustrated with images, maps and powerpoint slides.
- Fascinating social and local history
- Colourful images and maps
- Powerpoint illustrations
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Lively class discussion and enjoyable local trips
- Friendly and supportive tutor
You will study the fascinating history of Brighton:
- Two classroom sessions with a brief historical overview and looking at early maps.
- Three field trips, getting to know our unique city.
- Be prepared to walk on each field trip for almost two hours - wear suitable clothing for all weather and bring water if it is hot.
- Classroom sessions illustrated with images, maps and PowerPoint slides.
Why the Met?
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- High quality learning resource centres providing library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
The course fees are £66.00 for 5 weeks.
The course is eligible for a 50% discount if you are in receipt of certain benefits. This discounted fee is shown as category B below: