How to apply
Applications are welcome as usual during the coronavirus lockdown. Places are still available on most courses and our admissions staff are working remotely to process all applications.
- Full-time university-level courses: Please read the information below
- Part-time university-level courses: Please use the Apply button on the course page of this website
Applying for full-time courses
- If you are a UK/EU student, or a MET Foundation Degree student, and you are only applying to the MET and no other universities or colleges, you can use our short direct application form - click here
- If you are a current MET Level 3 student and will only apply to the MET and no other universities or colleges, you can use our short Progression Promise application form - click here
- If you would like to apply to other universities/colleges as well as the MET, or if you are an international applicant, please apply through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) at ucas.ac.uk. UCAS allows you to send your application to up to five universities. If you are currently at school or college, please ask your tutor for advice and a reference.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact us on:
When to apply?
If you are applying through UCAS
UCAS advises applicants to work on their personal statements during the autumn term with a view to submitting their applications by 15 January. This is in order to guarantee that all the universities you are applying to will consider your application. However, we will always welcome later applications, as we may have places available on some courses right up until the course start date.
If you are applying direct
You can only apply direct if the MET is the only university or college you are applying to. We advise you to submit your application as soon as possible after Christmas, but we still welcome later applications as we may have places available on some courses right up until the course start date.
Interviews, portfolios and auditions
Important note: Due to the coronavirus lockdown, this section will shortly be updated with information about telephone interviews and online submission of portfolios and auditions.
Once we have received your application, we will normally invite you to an interview, during which you will have the opportunity to find out more about the course and the College and we will be able to assess whether the course you’ve applied for is the right one for you. For creative arts courses, the interview will include a review of your portfolio (for art, design and production courses) or an audition (for performance courses). Your interview invitation will include details of what to include in your portfolio, or what your audition will involve.
For advice on preparing for interviews, portfolios and auditions, visit our interviews page.
Offering you a place:
If we decide to offer you a place, our offer may be unconditional, or it may be on condition that you achieve certain grades in your current studies. If you have applied through UCAS, your offer will be displayed on UCAS Track.
Accepting your offer if you have applied through UCAS:
Once you have received offers from all the universities you applied to, UCAS will require you to accept one of your offers as your ‘firm’ choice. You will also have the option of choosing one offer as your ‘insurance’ choice. UCAS will set you a deadline in the spring by which you must let them know which offers you wish to accept. It is important that you accept via UCAS by your deadline date, otherwise UCAS will assume you don’t wish to accept any offers.
Starting your course
Admission: If we have offered you a place, we will ask you to complete an enrolment form and invite you to your induction at the beginning of term.
Deferred entry: We are happy to make deferred offers to students who plan to take a gap year before starting their degree course.
Brighton-based PROFGCE and CertEd courses
If you are applying for teacher education courses based at our Central Brighton campus (PROFGCE and CertEd course):
Please download the following documents:
If you need any help with your application or would like any further information about this course please email email@example.com.
Please use this form to get in touch if you have any questions about our university centre courses.