CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management
This qualification offers you the opportunity to build on your expertise in your chosen HR subjects, gain a Intermediate Certificate qualification highly respected by employers and achieve a professional level of CIPD Associate membership (Assoc CIPD).
Why choose this course?
• Our tutors are HR qualified with a breadth and depth of HR practitioner experience
• We invite guest speakers from industry into class including researchers from Institute of Employment Studies and employment lawyers from DMH Stallard
• We offer bespoke Career Planning Workshops are often available provided by local and experienced recruitment consultants such as Badenoch and Clark
• The MET delivers engaging and inspiring teaching
• A platform to fast track your career and progress within HR
• Practical application of HR theories, models and frameworks
On successful completion of this course, students can go onto study the CIPD Advanced Level 7 in HRM qualification.
For further information on entry requirements, progression to the diploma and course fees see the tabs above.
- CIPD membership (not included in course fees)
- Level 3 Certificate in HR Practice or equivalent
- Experience in an HR role at administrator/advisor level
- Interview required
Level 5 Certificate Qualification - Six Units:
• Developing Professional Practice
• Business Issues and the Context of Human Resources
• Using Information in HR
• Resourcing and Talent Planning
• Employee Engagement
• Employment Law
On both the Certificate & Diploma units, we invite Guest Speakers from industry (HR Directors), CIPD Sussex Branch, Institute of Employment Studies and Employment Lawyers such as DMH Stallard to share a range of HR Practitioner insights and experience as well as evidence based HRM research and expertise knowledge.
Why the MET?
Our Tutors are HR qualified and highly experienced HR professionals and provide an engaging and stimulating learning experience, to enable you to leave with the confidence, knowledge and most importantly, experience to further progress your career in Human Resources in roles such as HR Generalist, HR Manager, HR Business Partner, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition.
We offer the perfect opportunity to focus on developing ‘You’ and your career.
Progression to the Diploma
Once students have completed the Certificate qualification, they can progress onto the Diploma Conversion course (2 x top up units running every year Nov-Dec).
The Diploma units provide increased depth of knowledge and understanding on how HR functions are structured and operate across different sectors and size of organisations. In addition, you will focus on the complexities of managing a HR function and insights on how to improve organisational performance through workplace culture and performance management.
After this course, you may gain the confidence, knowledge and experience to move onto a new, more senior role or secure a promotion with your current organisation or an external one.
The course fees are £2,100.
Payment can be made in instalments. For further information on course fees and finance click here.
You are expected to be a CIPD member to study this qualification which will incur an additional fee. As part of this membership you will receive monthly People Management Magazine, gain access to a wealth of online study support, learning materials such as podcasts, videos, research reports, fact-sheets and become a member of the CIPD Sussex Branch which hosts a wide range of networking events across the region.
CIPD also advises you to purchase up to three text books to support your learning on the course.