CIPD Level 3 | Foundation Certificate in People Practice
Kick-start your career in people practice
We want to give you the head start to achieve your personal and career goals with our professional CIPD courses at the MET.
To kick-start your career in people practice, we offer classroom-based study with like-minded professionals: a live ‘linked-in’ environment with all the benefits and support that being a college student entails. You will be taught by a lecturer who is also a current HR professional, providing expert insight and support. Our courses are game-changing for your career.
The CIPD, Europe's largest human resources development body, sets the international standard for people professionals and by completing this Level 3 qualification you can become a Foundation Member of the CIPD.
You will need to join the CIPD as a student member once the course commences.
There are enormous opportunities in this growing sector. If you have the ambition, the determination and the will to succeed, we can teach you the rest.
Click here to see fee information.
|CM0076-1C||21 Sep 2021||Central Brighton||Tuesdays 5.30 - 8.30pm (timings may change depending on mode of delivery)||12 months||£1695.00|
|CM0077-1C||25 Jan 2022||Central Brighton||Tuesdays 5.30 - 8.30pm (timings may change depending on mode of delivery)||12 months||£1695.00||Apply|
|CM0644-1C||26 Jan 2022||Broadwater||Wednesdays 5.30 - 8.30pm (timings may change depending on mode of delivery)||12 months||£1695.00||Apply|
|CM0166-1C||04 May 2022||Central Brighton||Wednesdays 5.30 - 8.30pm (timings may change depending on mode of delivery)||12 months||£1695.00||Apply|
Candidates must have functional skills English and Maths.
You will need to attend an interview to enrol on this course, but no formal qualifications are required.
It is preferential for you to have work experience in a related occupation, such as management or recruitment roles. You will either be in a human resources role already (in the early stage of your HR career), or you may have transferable skills and are looking to make a career move into this industry.
Assessment methods vary and can include: reports, presentations, role plays (or observed simulation activities), and reflective writing.
Written assignments are required for every module (four per certificate course)
Please contact Professional@gbmc.ac.uk if you would like to be put in touch with a Level 3 Tutor to discuss your eligibility for the course or discuss it in more detail.
CIPD qualifications have been designed to build capability by equipping learners with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to make an impact in the world of work. Each CIPD qualification is mapped to an impact level in the CIPD Profession Map and leads to a grade of CIPD professional membership.
CIPD Profession Map:
This qualification will provide you with a strong foundation of knowledge of the key areas of practice within the People Profession which include the purpose and role of a HR function, recruitment and selection processes, performance management, employment law, evidence based practice focusing on recording and analysing data.
There are 4 units you are required to complete in order to achieve the Foundation Certificate qualification and these include the weekly live taught sessions along with online on demand course materials.
Core Units & What You Will Learn:
3CO01 Business, Culture and Change in Context
- You will develop an understanding of the key influences that impact on businesses and the context within which they operate, including discussing how and why organisations set goals.
- You will define workplace culture and how people’s behaviour shapes it.
- You will explain how organisations are whole systems and how your actions affect others.
- You will discuss how people learn, adapt and develop in different ways.
- You will learn about the concept of change and the importance of how focused project planning directs change in manageable ways.
3CO02 Principles of Analytics
- You will cover how evidence-based practice informs measures and outcomes and how it is applied within your organization.
- You will explain the importance of using data, the different types of data measurement and how these are used to inform decision making, including interpreting basic financial information using critical thinking skills and common calculations.
- You will cover the role of analytics and other technology in enhancing working practices, including the associated risks.
3CO03 Core Behaviours for People Professionals
- You will develop insight into different approaches to customer focus using ethical principles to inform your approach to work.
- You will evaluate ethical values and how they can conform to associated regulation and law.
- You will learn how to identify positive ways of working, to clarify problems and issues as well as how to effectively contribute views and opinions in a respectful and inclusive manner.
- You will examine the concept of reflective practice aimed at consolidating and improving your professional knowledge, skills and experience.
3CO04 Essentials of People Practice
- You will gain skills around effective recruitment and selection and appointment of individuals through shortlisting candidates, participating in selection interviews and the associated follow-up actions.
- You will explore contrasting recruitment and selection methods and learn ways of preparing material for job roles and to attract candidates.
- You will understand legislation and organisational practices and how these relate to the meaning of diversity and inclusion and employment relationships.
- You will explain factors associated with performance management and the role of appraisal.
On both the Certificate & Diploma qualifications, we invite Guest Speakers from industry (HR Directors), CIPD Sussex Branch, Institute of Employment Studies and Employment Lawyers such as DMH Stallard, to share a range of HR Practitioner insights and experience as well as evidence based HRM research and expertise knowledge,
Why the MET?
Our Tutors are HR qualified and highly experienced HR professionals who provide an engaging and stimulating learning experience, to enable you to leave with the confidence, knowledge and most importantly, experience to further progress your career in Human Resources in roles such as Senior HR Advisor HR Generalist, HR Manager, HR Business Partner, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Organisational Development.
We offer the perfect opportunity to focus on developing ‘You’ and your career. Many of our students have either had their existing roles expanded, achieved promotions or moved on to advance their career to higher levels as a result of achieving the CIPD Level 5 qualification with us.
We pride ourselves on the support, coaching and enriching learning environment that our tutors create both from their own expertise and also through facilitating learner networking, buddying and sharing insights across industry sectors and size of organisations.
We also provide a blended learning approach which provides flexibility for learners. This will involve weekly sessions either on site at our Brighton Campus for our face to face sessions or remote delivery sessions. We expect full attendance on all of the weekly sessions and provide recordings of our remote delivery sessions along with online 24/7 access to all course materials and lesson recordings/webinars via our digital platform: Google Classroom.
Successful achievement of the CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice will allow progression onto the CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management or the CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development.
After this course, our students tell us that they gain tremendous confidence through their development of breadth of knowledge gained during the course. Many experience securing new HR roles or advancing to a promotion with their current organisation or an external one.
Total course cost is £1,695.
Course fees do not include your CIPD membership fee or any text books.