International | Fast Track Diploma | Barbering | Level 2
Why this course?
Studying Barbering at Greater Brighton MET is fun exciting and will leave you with the skills, confidence and most importantly, the experience to progress into employment or further your skills through study.
This course is for those who wish to pursue a career as an employed or self-employed barber. You will be introduced to a wide range of practical barbering techniques and have the opportunity to develop your skills in customer service, communications and commerciality; all of which are highly valued by employers. Our professional salon is open to the public allowing you to gain experience in customer service and cutting and styling for real clients.
Our tutors are experts with strong links to employers and industry. We also invite guest speakers in and run specialist training sessions. This increased depth of knowledge will prepare you for work in salons, hotels, health and fitness spas, airlines, cruise liners and department stores in the UK or overseas.
- Good level of English (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent)
During the course, you will cover a range of subjects, including:
- Working in the hairdressing/barbering industry
- Follow health and safety practices
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Cut men's hair
- Cut facial hair
- Colour and lighten hair
- Styling men's hair
- Salon reception duties
- We have very strong links with local employers, many of whom started their own careers at Brighton MET.
- We hold an annual careers day where local, national and international employers will come and give seminars. This will give you valuable information and advice about progression opportunities and setting up your own business.
- We also hold training days, trips to trade shows and have guest speakers to help all of your training and knowledge stay up to date.
Progression and careers
After completing this course you are guaranteed a place on:
- Level 2 Hairdressing
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 Hair and Makeup Artistry
- Level 3 Complementary Therapies
- Level 3 Indian Head Massage
- Level 3 Sports Massage
- Level 3 Barbering
Career opportunities as a barber exist in a variety of contexts, including:
- Fashion hairstyling
- Media hairstyling
The course fees are £2,500 which includes the English for Academic Purposes programmes.
You will be required to order and purchase a kit. This will include:
Additionally, you may incur expenses for travel and excursions you take part in.