International | Fast Track Diploma | Hair and Makeup Artistry | Level 2
Why this course?
Studying the six-month, fast-track Level 2 Hair and Media Makeup course at Brighton MET is hands-on, exciting and will leave you with the skills, confidence and most importantly, the experience to progress into employment or further your skills through study.
The vocational course will teach you the theory and practice of:
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Client care and communication
- Applying make-up
- The art of photographic make-up
- The art of dressing hair
- Creating an image based on a theme
- Face painting and body art application
- Nail art application
- Client consultation and hair services
- Colouring hair
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Design and apply skin mendhi decoration
Students are given opportunities to attend external trips such as IMATS and the UMA Expo exhibitions.
- Good level of English (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent)
Progression and careers
After completing this course you are guaranteed a place on:
- Level 3 Theatrical and Special Effects Hair and Media Makeup
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Level 3 Complementary Therapies
- Level 2 Hairdressing
Career opportunities as a junior hair and makeup artist exist in a variety of contexts, including:
- Commercial hair and beauty salons
- Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Product manufacturing and training
The course fees are £7,500 which includes the English for Academic Purposes programmes.
You will be required to order and purchase a kit. This will include:
Additionally, you may incur expenses for travel and excursions you take part in.