International | Fast Track Diploma | Hair & Makeup Artistry - Theatrical and Media Makeup | Level 3
Why this course?
This six-month fast-track qualification has been specifically designed and builds on existing knowledge and understanding of media hair and beauty skills, and will develop an enhanced repertoire of technical skills to prepare learners for employment as a professional theatrical media makeup artist.
The content of this qualification is comprised of all the required elements needed to work effectively and efficiently as a professional theatrical media makeup artist. This includes:
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Client care and communication
- Media makeup
- Airbrush makeup
- Camouflage makeup
- Fashion and photographic makeup
- Style and fit postiche
- Application of prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Face and body art
- Creative hair design
Students are given opportunities to attend external trips such as IMATS and the UMA Expo exhibitions.
- Good level of English (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent)
- Successful completion of Level 2 Hair and Makeup Artistry (VTCT or equivalent)
Progression and careers
After completing this course you could progress onto:
- BA Hons Degree in Theatrical and Media Makeup
- BA Hons Degree in Fashion and Media Makeup
Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to become a member of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC).
Career opportunities as a theatrical media makeup artist exist in a variety of contexts, including:
- Professional makeup artistry working with performers
- Theatre, film, print media, photographic studios
- Beauty and/or hair salons
- Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based setting
- National Health Service
- Product manufacturing and training
- Hospitals/care homes
The course fees are £7,500 which includes the English for Academic Purposes programmes.
You will be required to order and purchase a kit. This will include:
Additionally, you may incur expenses for travel and excursions you take part in.