International | Fast Track Diploma | Sports Massage | Level 4
Why this course?
The content of this qualification is comprised of all the required elements needed to work effectively and efficiently as a sports massage therapist. This includes anatomy and physiology, professional practice and understanding of the principles of health and fitness and how to provide massage treatment.
As a Level 3 sports massage therapist you will be able to work safely and effectively on dysfunctional tissues in a range of contexts to include pre-event, post-event, intra-event and maintenance purposes.
The structure of the qualification is comprised of 5 units which are all mandatory:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Professional practice
- Sports massage treatments
- Good level of English (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent)
- Successful completion of sports massage level 3 (VTCT or equivalent)
- Interest in massage, sports and fitness
The content of this qualification is comprised of all the required elements needed to work effectively and efficiently as a sports massage therapist. This includes:
- Conducting subjective and objective assessment
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injuries
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
Recognition of qualification and professional insurance
This qualification is based on the relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK’s leading professional association, the Sports Massage Association, as being fit for purpose for preparing you for a career as a sports massage practitioner. Further information on the Sports Massage Association can be found on their website.
Progression and careers
After completing this course you will be guaranteed a place on:
Level 2 Nail Technology
Level 3 Complementary Therapies
Level 3 Indian Head Massage
Level 2 Hair and Makeup Artistry
Career opportunities as a nail technician exist in a variety of contexts, including:
Spas and gyms
The course fees are £2,500 which includes the English for Academic Purposes programmes.
You will be required to order and purchase a kit. This will include:
Additionally, you may incur expenses for travel and excursions you take part in.