Filmmaking | Introduction to Filmmaking | Brighton MET
Why this course?
On this intensive course you will be introduced to all areas of technical and practical filmmaking and also acquire a basic understanding of film grammar and effective shot selection.
You will develop operational camera skills using professional high-definition cameras such as the Sony NX5, Canon 550D and 600D DSLRs.
The course covers the principles and purposes of edition while practising editing techniques using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. It includes workshops on lighting, sound recording and microphone techniques.
You will also be involved in workshops that explore script writing and treatments.
By the end of the course you will have had the opportunity to work in a team producing your own one minute film.
This is a practical evening class.
You will use the College's computers with the latest software to edit and the College's cameras.
It will beneficial to have a personal camera and editing software to continue out of the course hours.
- Technical and practical filmmaking
- Film grammar and effective shot selection
- Develop operational camera skills
- Work with high-definition cameras such as the Sony NX5, Canon 550D and 600D DSLRs
- Editing techniques
- Lighting, sound recording and microphone techniques
- Preparing treatments
Why the MET?
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- High-quality learning resource centres providing library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks