Barbering | City & Guilds Diploma in Barbering | Level 2
Why this course?
Learn how to wash and cut hair using barbering techniques, cut facial hair, and dry and finish men’s hair.
The course includes a number of mandatory units including: cutting, styling, colouring, and health and safety. In order to achieve the full qualification, there are two additional units required: perming, and creating an image based on a theme.
You will also gain valuable work experience in our professional salon learning about customer service, product promotion, and practical salon skills.
This course is ideal for beginners or established hairdressers looking to add barbering to their skills.
Click here to see fee information.
|FE0238-1C||12 Sep 2022||Northbrook College, Broadwater Campus||26 weeks||£1260.00|
|FE0238-1C||12 Sep 2022||Northbrook College, Broadwater Campus||36 weeks||£1260.00|
Minimum Level 1 English speaking, reading and listening required.
An interview is required.
You must be 19+ to study this course.
- The industry and work experience
- Principles and practices of hairdressing and barbering services
- Consultation techniques and client care
- Shampoo, condition and treating hair and scalp
- Cut men's hair using basic barbering techniques
- Cut facial hair into shape using basic techniques
- Colour hair
- Style men's hair, dry and finish
- Health & safety
- Promote products and services
Optional units required for the full qualification:
- Create an image based on a theme
Why the MET?
Greater Brighton Metropolitan College (MET) was created from the merger of City College Brighton and Northbrook College. It draws on 150 years of heritage, history and experience. We operate across five campuses in Brighton, Shoreham and Worthing, and teach around 7,500 adult learners.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
The barbering course at Northbrook College will equip you with the skills, confidence and experience to progress to employment or further study. Our commercial salon, based at Broadwater Campus, is the perfect learning environment for our students.
Our expert tutors have years of professional experience and inspire our students to reach their potential and prepare them for employment. The MET has excellent links with the industry, which will benefit you as you seek your ideal role.
The fees for this course are: £1260.00
Course is free if you meet the following criteria
You may not have to pay any fees if you will be aged 19 or over when you begin this course and:
- You are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- OR you are receiving a means tested benefit, earning less than £345 per month (take home) if you are a sole claimant or £552 a month if you have a joint claim with your partner, and are completing the course to improve your employability
- OR if you are working and earn less than £18,525 per year (gross pay)
You will need to provide evidence and sign a declaration when you enrol.
If the above does not apply to you, you may still be eligible for a subsidised fee. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: email@example.com | 01273 667704
If you will be aged 19-23 when your course begins and you have not already achieved a full Level 2 or above, you may not have to pay any fees. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform. Information regarding this will be provided.