Adult Care Work - Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
Why this Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain a nationally recognised qualification and valuable skills whilst working.
This Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Care Work, is an integrated programme of knowledge and skills acquisition, developed alongside the core behaviours expected of a competent worker operating in the adult care industry. If you are interested in a career in adult social care, this apprenticeship is an ideal starting point.
Anyone aged 16 or over can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
A Level 2 apprenticeship is an intermediate level equivalent to five good GCSE passes. Apprentices work towards a qualification/skill such as an NVQ/Diploma Level 2, Functional Skills and in some areas a relevant technical certificate diploma.
- Introduction to Communication
- Personal Development and the Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
- Equality and Inclusion
- Duty of Care
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection
- Health and Safety
You will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in H&SC with a choice of Generic, Dementia or Learning Disabilities Pathway
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices must undertake a programme of study in a suitable care setting completing the training and the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate as part of a high-quality induction programme.