Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain a nationally recognised qualification and valuable skills whilst working. We are a major provider of apprenticeships in the South East, helping employers to find the right apprentice for their business or upskill existing employees, and supporting individuals to succeed.
This qualification covers the knowledge and skills required to work competently as a Light Vehicle Service Technician.
The Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair is for anyone developing a career in the motor industry. The practical qualification demonstrates your skills on the job, in your own workplace, showing that you meet national standards for automotive workers.
Learners will cover areas such as routine vehicle maintenance, removal and replacement of vehicle units & components and diagnosis and rectification of vehicle faults.
Why the MET?
Our industry experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus.
Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
This course will support you to achieve:
- Competency in Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Knowledge of Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Competency in Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Competency in Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Electrical Units and Components
- Knowledge of Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Knowledge of Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Units and Components
The diploma element will be delivered and supported in the workplace and college. If Functional Skills are required, this element will be delivered in the classroom.