NOCN Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations - Architectural Joinery or Site Carpentry
Why this course?
This NVQ is delivered in your workplace and can start at any point.
Onsite assessment for candidates working in industry either as a site carpenter or bench joiner. Our assessors will assess your competency in the workplace and this qualification will allow you to apply for a tradesperson’s CSC card. There are underpinning knowledge units that you will be required to complete independently and submit to your assessor.
You can start this course at any time. No attendance to college as this is an on-site assessment. Example dates are given below.
Carpenter or joiner
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.
- Selects and measures appropriate wood and cuts, shapes and drills to specification using saws, planes, chisels and other power or hand tools.
- Aligns and fixes prepared wood pieces by screwing, nailing, gluing and dowelling to form frames, shop fronts, counter units, decking, theatrical sets, furniture, small wooden craft, scale models and wooden templates.
- Checks accuracy of work with square, rule and spirit level.
- Maintains and repairs woodwork and fittings.
- Critical Thinking
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension