Lead Adult Care Worker - Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
Why this Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain a nationally recognised qualification and valuable skills whilst working.
This Level 3 Apprenticeship in Lead Adult Care Work, is an integrated programme of knowledge and skills acquisition, developed alongside the core behaviours expected of a competent worker operating in the adult care industry.
Apprentices must undertake a programme of study completing the training and the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate as part of a high-quality induction programme.
Anyone aged 16 or over can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
A Level 3 apprenticeship is an advanced level equivalent to 3 A-level passes. Apprentices work towards CACHE Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification/skill and may be required to study Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT) depending on previous qualifications achieved.
This standard will support you to achieve:
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours for a career in care work
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding)
- Leadership in a care role
- How to champion health and wellbeing for the individuals you support and colleagues
- How to work professionally, including your own professional development
- Personal development and the role of the health and social care worker
- Equality and inclusion
- Duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- Health and safety
You will achieve the following qualifications:
- CACHE Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard for Lead Care Worker
- Completion of the 15 standards set out in the Care Certificate
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices must undertake a programme of study in a suitable care setting completing the training and the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate as part of a high-quality induction programme.