Childcare & Education (Early Years Educator) | Level 3
Why this course?
Our childcare department has an excellent track record of student progression to employment and higher education. You will learn about caring for children from birth to seven years of age, linking classroom theory with hands-on experience through regular work placements. This experience will equip you with the skills and confidence required for this challenging and rewarding industry. The course provides:
- Fantastic links with local hospitals, schools and nurseries
- Work placements for practical experience
- Inspirational guest speakers
- High progression rate to employment
student Views Michelle Evan
"The first year has really helped me to find my feet at the college and I got lots of amazing support. The best is yet to come."
student Views Moushira El Naggar
"I feel I have thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from the Childcare and Education level 3 course. I feel that I have matured and progressed, both academically and on a personal level. This course has given me the opportunity to pave the path for my future career in education. The dedicated tutors have supported and guided me throughout the year to accomplish my achievements."
Start at this Level 3 course if you have at least four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and maths. Two references; one academic, one working with children; and an enhanced DBS.
If you do not have the above, you can start at a lower level and then progress to Level 3. We have Childcare courses at both Level 2 and Level 1, so you have options depending on your circumstances.
Our careers advisers will be happy to talk to you if you need help deciding which level to start at.
- Two days per week in work placement
- Child development
- Supporting Children's play
- Safe environments
Why the MET?
- High-quality work placement opportunities in a range of settings, so you can experience multiple aspects of early years
- 75% of our current Level 3 Diploma students have successfully gained a place at university or equivalent level course
- Good levels of progression to employment and apprenticeships
- Well-known and respected qualification by employers
- Support in gaining employment, including help with CV writing
- Many of our students gain employment at their placement, when they leave college
- Inspirational guest speakers and industry related trips and visits
- Industry-experienced teaching staff who are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
We have excellent links and partnerships with local employers to ensure we can place you in a suitable setting that fits your needs and career aspirations.
You will develop work-related skills, knowledge and understanding as well as experience employment within the childcare sector.
Northbrook MET is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
After this course
On completion of the second year of Level 3, you’ll have Early Years Educator status, allowing you to go into employment as an early years worker or apply to university to study teaching or childhood studies.
Future careers include:
- Nursery worker
- Nursery nurse
- Teaching assistant
- Primary school teacher
- Social worker
- Children's holiday rep
Course fees and finance
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704