Why study a university-level course at the MET?
Why choose us?
- Our university-level courses have been developed in consultation with employers and are taught by experienced practitioners from industry
- Inspectors from both the QAA and TEF noted the high level of industry-expertise and employment-relevance or our degree courses
- We offer small-group teaching and individual support
- Students regularly win national prizes, including an Oscar, a Bafta, Graduate Fashion Week prizes, Young Creatives Network and various industry-specific awards
- The MET achieved a TEF silver award for its university-level provision and has also been awarded Matrix accreditation for its Information, Advice and Guidance
- The MET welcomes all applicants regardless of additional needs they may have and there are excellent support teams in place
- Student services include financial support, careers advice, counselling and mentors
- Bursaries are available for eligible students to help with their student living costs
Will studying at the MET help me into employment afterwards?
The MET prides itself on the industry relevance of its university-level courses and the career successes of its graduates:
- Most courses have been developed in partnership with industry, often with the endorsement of professional bodies, and our facilities on campus are of industry standard
- Many lecturers are current practitioners in their fields and can offer students first-hand knowledge of employers' expectations
- Students attend lectures from visiting employers and several departments hold regular 'meet the industry' days
- Students frequently have the opportunity to work on live projects for external organisations or to undertake work placements
- Many students benefit from exhibiting their work at the annual UK graduate shows in London, which often result in job offers
- Entrepreneurship skills are embedded into our courses and graduates often become freelancers and start their own businesses