Motorsport Vehicle Maintenance & Repair | Level 3
Why this course?
To join this course you must have successfully completed Level 2 Motorsport with an 80% attendance record and a pass with merit.
English and maths GCSEs are also required.
- Diagnose/rectify engine and ancillary components
- Diagnose/rectify electrical/electronic faults
- Diagnose/rectify chassis system faults
- Vehicle maths and science
- Motorsport event regulations
- Inspecting a vehicle during competition
Why this course at the MET?
- Both practical and theoretical learning
- Attend professional race meetings
- Courses up to degree level
- Internationally recognised qualifications
Surrounded by a busy, working airport and numerous engineering and parts companies, the Shoreham Campus provides a real-world environment in which to study. The tutors and technicians are all industry-experienced, giving them the insight and knowledge needed to prepare you for employment, further study or an apprenticeship.
The campus has a cafeteria serving hot and cold food, and facilities also include a library, and IT suites for your research projects.
Further study and future careers
You can progress to the Northbrook MET Foundation Degree in Motorsport Engineering and other university level courses.
- Auto / motorsport design engineer
- Research and development engineer
- Racing team technician
- Pit crew
- Production/test engineer
- Technical representative
Course fees and finance
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704
Course is free if you meet the following criteria
If you will be aged 19-23 when your course begins and you have not already achieved a full Level 3 or higher, you may not have to pay any fees. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: email@example.com | 01273 667704
Lifetime Skills Guarantee
The Lifetime Skills Guarantee is part of the government's National Skills Fund, designed to help adults to gain the skills they need for employment and to improve their job prospects.
This course may be free for you if:
- You are 19+
- This is your first full Level 3 qualification OR
- You achieved your full level 3 qualification before 1 April 2021 (and none since) and you are unemployed (or earn less than £345 per month) and are in receipt of benefits OR
- You achieved your full level 3 qualification before 1 April 2021 (and none since) and you are employed and have an annual gross income less than £18,525
Advanced Learner Loan
You may be eligible to apply for a loan to meet the course costs of your qualification fees. This is paid directly to the College on your behalf. For more information about Advanced Learner Loans, please click here.