Motorsport Vehicle Maintenance & Repair | Level 3
Why this course?
This course will prepare you for roles in engineering, design, production, testing and management in the exciting world of motorsport.
You will gain practical skills with a range of vehicle systems as well as theoretical knowledge, including scientific and mathematical principles and electronics. You will learn how to remove and replace vehicle components and gain an understanding of vehicle maths and science.
The course includes attending professional race meetings and in addition to investigating current technologies, you will become familiar with the industry structure.
Our Shoreham Airport Campus offers a truly unique learning experience; Motorsport, Aero and Motor Vehicle students work in hangars, workshops and high-tech classrooms equipped with the very latest tools, machinery and software.
To join this course you must have successfully completed Level 2 Motorsport with an 80% attendance record and a pass with merit.
English and maths GCSEs are also required.
- Diagnose/rectify engine and ancillary components
- Diagnose/rectify electrical/electronic faults
- Diagnose/rectify chassis system faults
- Vehicle maths and science
- Motorsport event regulations
- Inspecting a vehicle during competition
Why this course at the MET?
- Both practical and theoretical learning
- Attend professional race meetings
- Courses up to degree level
- Internationally recognised qualifications
Surrounded by a busy, working airport and numerous engineering and parts companies, the Shoreham Campus provides a real-world environment in which to study. The tutors and technicians are all industry-experienced, giving them the insight and knowledge needed to prepare you for employment, further study or an apprenticeship.
The campus has a cafeteria serving hot and cold food, and facilities also include a library, and IT suites for your research projects.
Further study and future careers
You can progress to the Northbrook MET Foundation Degree in Motorsport Engineering and other university level courses.
- Auto / motorsport design engineer
- Research and development engineer
- Racing team technician
- Pit crew
- Production/test engineer
- Technical representative
Course fees and finance
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704