Motorsport Engineering - BSc (Hons) Degree
This course is the third year BSc degree top-up following the two-year FdEng (Foundation Degree) in Motorsport Engineering.
- Links to industry with guest lectures and site visits
- Workshops with Yamaha R1 bike, Formula Renault Super Vee and go-karts
- CAD software and analysis software for CFD and FEA work
- Access to engineering facilities at our Broadwater campus, including CNC lathes, 3D printers and EDM machines
- Access to facilities at the University of Brighton, including wind tunnels and optical research engines
Interview* and a relevant FdEng (Foundation Degree) or HND
*During the Coronavirus lockdown, interviews will be conducted by telephone. Please apply in the normal way and we will be in touch.
This course includes individual and group projects, mathematical methods and modelling, Powertrain engineering, and an option of either automotive aerodynamics & race car design or motorsport management & performance.
- Research and development engineer
- Pit crew
- Vehicle designer
- Production or test engineer
- Technical representative
- OEM (original equipment manufacturer) rep/consultant