Motorsport Technology - BSc (Hons) Degree
This course is the third year BSc degree top-up following the two-year FdEng (Foundation Degree) in Motorsport Engineering.
- Exclusive facilities and workshops with a variety of vehicles including a Yamaha R1 bike, Formula Renault car and go-karts
- Strong industry links, with guest lectures, site visits and tours
- Industry-standard analytical and development software for CAD, FEA and CFD work
- Access to facilities at the University of Brighton, including wind tunnels and optical research engines
- Access to general and electronic engineering facilities at our Broadwater Campus, including CNC lathes, 3D printers and EDM machines
Interview and a relevant FdEng (Foundation Degree) or HND
This bespoke course further develops your understanding of powertrain engineering, mathematical methods and modelling. In addition, individual and group projects will provide you with the opportunities to undertake industry-relevant research.
There is also an option to select between modules in aerodynamics and race car design, or motorsport management and performance, to enhance your understanding of this dynamic and technologically advanced field.
- Research and development engineer
- Pit crew
- Vehicle designer
- Production or test engineer
- Technical representative
- OEM (original equipment manufacturer) rep/consultant