Music Performance - full-time top-up BA (Hons) Degree
This course is the final year direct entry following the two-year FdA (Foundation Degree) in Music Performance.
The course is designed to set up students with a creative toolkit for a career in the music industry.
- Extensive state-of-the-art recording studios
- Taught by music industry practitioners
- Course includes live projects and work placements
- Professional-standard theatre on campus
- Industry-led course, with an emphasis on employability and entrepreneurship
- Audition and interview
- A relevant FdA or HND qualification
Students will be encouraged to generate and develop their individual pursuits with support from industry experts, working closely with students from Music Business and Music Production as well as art, design and media departments. The vocational nature of the course opens up career opportunities through practical multi-skill development, advanced performance, enterprise/career planning, critical thinking, recording, production and musicianship.
“The facilities are great and the people I’ve met are fantastic.”
James Petts, BA student
- Session work (recording and/or live performance)
- Recording and publishing original creative material
- Media composition
- Teaching (peripatetic instrumental tuition and/or classroom teaching)
- Music business and event management