Music Performance - full-time FdA (Foundation Degree)/BA (Hons) Degree
This course equips you with the skills, knowledge and understanding to forge a career as a professional musician. The course begins with standard repertoire and skills, progressing into development of your own personal style. Taught by professional musicians, the course structure allows you to shape the course to your needs.
- Industry-led course, with an emphasis on employability and entrepreneurship
- Extensive state-of-the-art recording studios
- Taught by music industry practitioners
- Course includes live projects and work placements
- Professional-standard theatre on campus
- Optional third year to gain BA (Hons) degree
Audition and interview.
Individual offer conditions will vary. Normally a relevant A Level or Level 3 Extended Diploma.
Industry experience may be taken into account.
Cross-college entry guide
Regular performances both in the College and at external gigs form the backbone of your course, along with study of the music business and developing yourself as a performer. You will be given the framework to complete a significant recorded music portfolio by the end of the course.
Students have the opportunity to collaborate with other departments on a range of different projects such as providing the music for theatre performances. Students can also work on local and national/ international festivals, recording sessions and with professional touring bands, as well as providing private tuition.
Students also attend a series of lectures from prominent music industry figures, including record labels, publishers, artist managers, music lawyers and performing artists.
On successful completion of the two-year FdA course, students can either progress to the optional third year BA (Hons) top up course, or enter employment.
- Session work (recording and/or live performance)
- Recording and publishing original creative material
- Media composition
- Teaching (peripatetic instrumental tuition and/or
- Music business and event management