DJ & Electronic Music Production - Level 3 (UAL Diploma/Extended Diploma)
Develop the skills and techniques for a career in music using the industry’s leading equipment and software in our state-of-the-art studios. Our industry-experienced teachers will help you to learn beat-matching and perform DJ sets in any genre, while you also gain experience in computer-based production and sound design with synthesisers. You will create dance music and write drum beats as well as gaining an understanding of the music industry.
To join this Level 3 course, you should have at least 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, preferably including English and maths.
If you do not have the above grades, you can start on the Level 2 introductory course.
• DJ techniques and performance
• Computer based production (Logic Pro and Ableton Live)
• Sound design in electronic music
• Marketing and promotion
Why this course at the MET?
• Industry level, state-of-the-art equipment
• Department rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
• Excellent links to the music industry
• Taught by industry professionals
Northbrook MET is highly regarded in the music industry as a provider of excellent training.
The MET's music department has a broad range of staff who are all practising artists and producers involved in the region's exciting music scene. Our staff are here help you realise your potential.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Northbrook MET is the renowned creative facilities and atmosphere at our West Durrington Campus. The campus is a dedicated arts space, with the music courses running alongside theatre arts and art & design courses. You will collaborate with like-minded, passionate students and benefit from the various creative projects that take place, such as theatre shows, music gigs and art exhibitions. The campus is regularly used by professional creatives, which further highlights the quality of our industry-standard facilities.
You can progress to university level, either at the MET or at other universities. Northbrook MET degrees include Music Production, Music Business & Management or Music Performance.
- Artist producer
- Studio engineer
- Sound designer
- Event/artist management
- Conceives and writes original music.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension