Songwriting - Level 3 (UAL Diploma/Extended Diploma)
This is a highly practical course in which you will learn about songwriting techniques, producing, and recording your own tracks. Central to the course is creating a professional image as a songwriter and developing your personal voice as well as versatility. You will receive regular feedback from industry professionals and gain an understanding of the music industry and how to work as a freelancer.
To join this Level 3 course, you should have at least 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, preferably including English and maths, and you will be asked to audition at interview.
If you do not have the above grades, you can start on the Level 2 introductory course
• Contemporary song writing
• Arrangement analysis and listening skills
• Studio production and recording
• The music industry
• Music theory
Why this course at the MET?
• Learn in a state-of-the-art, dedicated creative arts facility
• Tutors with professional industry experience
• Access to industry-grade recording studios and equipment
• Excellent links to the music industry
Northbrook MET is highly regarded in the music industry as a provider of excellent training.
The MET's music department has a broad range of staff who are all practising artists and producers involved in the region's exciting music scene. Our staff are here help you realise your potential.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Northbrook MET is the renowned creative facilities and atmosphere at our West Durrington Campus. The campus is a dedicated arts space, with the music courses running alongside theatre arts and art & design courses. You will collaborate with like-minded, passionate students and benefit from the various creative projects that take place, such as theatre shows, music gigs and art exhibitions. The campus is regularly used by professional creatives, which further highlights the quality of our industry-standard facilities.
You can progress to university level, either at the MET or at other universities. Northbrook MET degrees include Music Performance, Music Production or Music Business & Management. Brighton MET also offers an FdA/BA degree in Creative Music Production.
Future careers include:
- Music composition
- Music performance
- Music teacher
- Music production
- Conceives and writes original music.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension