Music & Media - Level 1 (UAL Diploma)
This highly practical course introduces you to the main elements required to be a music producer.
You will study aspects of creating music, recording music and video-making, as well as learning life skills through a range of exciting projects. You will also have the opportunity to make a simple website to showcase all your best work.
This Level 1 course is for students who have fewer than 3 GCSEs at grade 3 or above. You should ideally have 2 GCSEs at grade 1 or you should be able to demonstrate at interview that you have the right ability for this course.
• Making beats and music on a computer
• Recording music in a studio
• Making music videos
• Sound for TV and film
• Making websites
You will also learn life skills through a range of exciting projects.
Why this course at the MET?
• Professional recording studios
• Friendly, supportive environment
• Department rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
• Music industry-experienced teachers
• Opportunity to progress to degree level
Northbrook MET is highly regarded in the music industry as a provider of excellent training.
The MET's music department has a broad range of staff who are all practising artists and producers involved in the region's exciting music scene. Our staff are here help you realise your potential.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Northbrook MET is the renowned creative facilities and atmosphere at our West Durrington Campus. The campus is a dedicated arts space, with the music courses running alongside theatre arts and art & design courses. You will collaborate with like-minded, passionate students and benefit from the various creative projects that take place, such as theatre shows, music gigs and art exhibitions. The campus is regularly used by professional creatives, which further highlights the quality of our industry-standard facilities.
You can progress to the MET's Level 2 course in Music Performance & Production or the Level 2 Digital Arts course.
Future careers include:
- Music producer
- Live sound technician
- Music composer
- Sound engineer
- Music teacher
- Soundtrack producer for media, web or games
- Conceives and writes original music.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension