Music/Performance & Production Arts | Level 4
Why this course?
This course has been designed to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to work within the production arts industry. It is available as a one-year full-time course, giving you access into employment, and will open up the possibility of further progression to university. It could also be of interest to those in industry wanting a recognised qualification in line with their experience.
- Industry-standard facilities
- Collaborative working
- Flexible learning programme
- Specialist training
To start at this level, you need to have successfully completed a related Extended Diploma or equivalent (A-Levels).
About this course
The qualification is suitable for learners who have an interest in production arts or a related subject who would like to get first hand experience of the operational processes of events across our on-site performance spaces and community venues. It is industry-recognised with endorsement from: Ambassador Theatre Group, National Theatre, TAIT Stage and White Light.
- Principles of technical and production practice
- Applied professional practice
- Professional development project
After this course
On successful completion of the Professional Diploma you can begin your career in technical production or you can progress to a university-level course, either at the MET or at other universities.
- Deputy chief electrician
- Assistant technical manager
- Senior venue technician
- Senior stage technician
- Senior lighting technician
- Senior sound technician
- Senior video technician
- Senior automation technician
Course fees and finance
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704