Beauty Therapy | Nail Technology | VTCT Certificate Level 2
Why this course?
You will learn a range of skills including how to professionally administer manicures and pedicures.
You will learn how to apply specialist techniques including gel nails and also how to maintain salon health and safety.
You will also learn about nail technology and anatomy and physiology principles to support your practical skills.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for roles as a professional nail technician.
Tutor: Michele Crawley
You will learn a range of skills including:
- Professionally providing manicures and pedicures
- Gel polish application
- Health and safety
- Anatomy & physiology
- Nail technology
This course takes place between 9am-5pm, once a week for 18 weeks.
Each week you will be required to spend 1-2 hours at home studying theory, alongside 2-4 hours per week working on practical skills.
An interview is required for this course.
We require a minimum of 95% attendance and you will be required to make up any missed hours.
You must show commitment and flexibility as due to exams, department trips and training days, timetable changes may occur.
Why the MET?
- Professional standard beauty and hairdressing salons open to the general public, providing a realistic working environment
- High-end, industry branded equipment and products, plus additional training from external companies
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
The course fees are £800.
This course may have discounts available. Find out more about financial support here.
Additional costs: If accepted on to the course, you will need to place an order for the nail extensions and manicure kits.
Pre-entry preparation: Encyclopaedia of Nails by Jacqui Jefford & Anne Swain.
Work experience opportunities: You will be encouraged to work in the industry and apply treatments outside of class time to build your skills.