Uniformed Services | Level 2
Why this course?
Our Level 2 Uniformed Services course will prepare you for careers working with people by developing skills such as communication, fitness, teamwork and leadership.
In 2018 our Broadwater Campus officially opened its Combined Cadet Force Unit (Royal Navy). By studying our uniformed services courses, you will join the Cadet Force, which is an adventure activity-focused programme. You will also be issued with a uniform and take part in regular parades.
- GB MET was the first FE college to offer the Combined Cadet Force (Royal Navy) cadetship
- We received the RAF platinum award for providing outstanding cadets
- Taught by expert tutors
- Guest speakers from uniformed services
To start at Level 2 you will need least 3 GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have these grades, don't worry - you can start at Level 1 and then progress to Level 2 after that.
- Employment in the uniformed services
- Team working and problem solving
- Uniformed services routine
- Map reading and navigation
- Adventurous activities
Why this course at the MET?
Our industry-experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
We have fantastic links with industry. You will benefit from high-quality work placement opportunities in a range of settings, experiencing multiple aspects of your chosen route.
Fitness is embedded throughout the course. We also invite guest speakers from uniformed services to the college, which gives you fantastic opportunities to find out more about your career options.
Our Broadwater Campus is ideally suited for uniformed services courses, with a large area at the rear of the building perfect for drills and parade practice.
The campus has a modern canteen serving hot and cold food and a coffee shop serving Starbucks beverages, snacks and sandwiches. The Learning Resource Centre (Library) and IT suites facilitate your academic research and learning.
After this course
After Level 2, you can progress to Level 3, either full-time or as an apprentice.
- Armed forces
- Emergency services
- Prison service
- Border force
- Civilian support roles within all uniformed services
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704