Healthcare | NCFE Diploma in Care | Level 2
Why this course?
This course develops your knowledge and skills required to work in a range of clinical healthcare support settings and in adult care environments.
The qualification is formed of mandatory and optional units. The mandatory units cover core competencies whilst the optional units allow you to choose from a variety of areas to tailor the qualification to your needs, interests and to reflect the context of your work.
The course covers a wide range of areas. Topics include:
- dementia awareness
- mental health and well-being
- supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care
- daily living needs and health care procedures.
Course content also aligns with the knowledge and skills required for the Adult Care Worker and Healthcare Support Worker apprenticeship standards.
How is this course delivered?
This qualification is delivered in the workplace with the use of unit workbooks and a range of assessments, including observations and reflective review. All units are internally assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a portfolio of evidence. Study time is approximately 6 hours per week.
Who is this course suitable for?
Healthcare support staff can work in a variety of settings within the NHS and private care facilities. The role of the support staffs to provide assistant o healthcare professionals in diagnosing, treating and caring for patients. You need to be working or volunteering to be able to show competence in both knowledge and skills. The content is applicable to a variety of roles, examples of which are included below:
- Adult Nursing Support
- Allied Health Profession (Therapy Support)
- Children and Young People Support
- Maternity Support
- Mental Health Support
- Theatre Support
What will I learn?
This qualification will cover:
- Use and develop systems that promote communications
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices
- Work in partnership
- Undertake a research project
The content of the qualification links with the knowledge and skills required for the Adult Care Worker and Healthcare Support Worker apprenticeship standards. Upon completion, you can enter either the adult care or health workforces. The content is
applicable to a variety of roles, including:
• adult care worker
• healthcare assistant/support worker
• personal assistant