Teaching & Training | NCFE Award in Education and Training | Level 3
Why this course?
This introductory course is designed as an essential course if you are:
- Entering teaching or training for the first time
- An experienced teacher or trainer and are looking for a qualification to support your professional development.
This NCFE Level 3 Award in Education and Training is a competence-based qualification. This means that you will be learning theory and also developing your teaching and training skills at the same time.
We will cover key topics such as:
- Lesson planning
- Inclusive learning
- Valuing diversity
- Planning assessment
- Giving constructive feedback.
This course aims to increase your confidence and broaden your repertoire of effective, evidence-based teaching methods.
Hear from Education and Training alumni Nina Bhirangi and Cathy Anderson about why they would recommend this essential teaching qualification:
alumni Views Sarah DuffieldYour short course gave me the confidence and skills needed to [set up my own art sessions] and I am deeply grateful.
This course is suitable for you if:
- You are currently teaching and training (even if you have just begun teaching and training).
- You are not currently in a teaching or training role.
- You are currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Level 2 English is required and you will be expected to attend an on-line or in-person interview.
We will cover the following topics:
- Identifying different types and methods of assessment
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of inclusive teaching and learning
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches to meet the needs of learners
- Facilitating learning and development in groups
- The roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in education
- Relationships between different professionals in education and training
- Creating a safe and supportive learning environment that engages and motivates their learners
- Reflecting on previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills
The course is assessed through two assignments, one written and one practical micro-teach session. You will be expected to spend around three hours outside of class per week to complete assignments and plan their micro-teach session.
This course is supported by a virtual learning platform; Google Classroom, which holds an extensive range of lesson resources and opportunities to extend your knowledge in teaching and training as a student on the course.
The course fees are shown in the table on the overview tab.
Please note that there are no applicable fee remissions for this course.
If you are not a UK citizen, do not hold EU Settlement Status nor have a visa which could qualify you for home status, you are still welcome to enrol on this course. To apply, please email email@example.com stating the course code.