Online courses | NCFE Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care Level 2
Why this course?
Please only apply for courses commencing in the next two months.
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia.
This course is suitable for anyone working with or supporting dementia patients. It can also be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in or towards a dementia care role.
Learners are required to undertake the following units:
- Unit 1 Dementia Awareness
- Unit 2 The person centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Unit 3 Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Unit 4 Understand equality & diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Unit 5 Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach
- Unit 6 Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Unit 7 Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
This course is free/government funded if you are 19+ at the start of the academic year, you live in England (some regional exclusions apply, including Greater London) and have lived in the UK for the last 3 years. Find out if you are eligible for funding.
Distance learning: times variable.