Online courses | NCFE Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities Level 2
Why this course?
Please only apply for courses commencing in the next two months.
This course is suitable for learners working or intending to work with individuals with learning disabilities in a variety of areas: domiciliary care, schools, day provision, care or nursing homes, hospitals, hospices, or other settings.
Learners are required to undertake the following units:
- Unit 1 - Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 2 - Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 3 - Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit 4 - Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit 5 - Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Unit 6 - Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
These courses are available to learners who are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years. Find out if you are eligible for funding.
The guided learning hours for this course are 129. Students generally spend 8-10 hours on their course each week and complete within 8 weeks.