Online courses | NCFE Certificate in Understanding Autism Level 2
Why this course?
Please only apply for courses commencing in the next two months.
This short course is suitable for learners who want to progress within employment in a variety of sectors, and in a number of job roles where an understanding of autism* and knowledge of how to support people with autism is required.
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism, covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication, how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with autism can be supported to live fulfilled lives.
Learners are required to undertake the following units:
- Unit 1 - Introduction to autism
- Unit 2 - Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 3 - Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 4 - Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 5 - Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Unit 6 - Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
*Throughout this qualification, as in the Department of Health Adult Autism Strategy, we’ve used the term “autism” as an umbrella term for all autistic spectrum conditions, including Asperger syndrome.
These courses are available to learners who are 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years. Find out if you are eligible for funding.
The guided learning hours for this course are 152. Students generally spend 8-10 hours on their course each week and complete within 8 weeks.