Opening Doors | IT for Work and Employability
Why this course?
This course is for those who successfully completed IT for Beginners and Improvers course or have the foundation skills to use the computer (MS Office).
It provides a great opportunity to build up on your Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills as well as Google apps in the context of working/professional environment, making you more employable as a result. You will gain an employability qualification after successful completion of the course assignments too.
Click here to see fee information.
|CL0741-1C||13 Jan 2023||Central Brighton||Friday 9.30am - 2.30pm||6 weeks||£0.00|
alumni Views Scott
After years of not really using any IT and wanting to change my career path, I enrolled on the IT Skills for Work at Brighton MET College, and with their help and pace of learning, I had the confidence to apply for new jobs and managed to secure a job that was perfect for me!
alumni Views Francis
If I come across anyone who wants to get a better understanding of IT for the workplace, as well as at home, I will definitely be mentioning your course. I now have the confidence that I would happily apply for job ads, which say that you need a basic understanding of Word and Excel, whereas before the course, those types of jobs would not be on my radar at all.
If the following criteria apply, you qualify for one our FREE Opening Doors programmes:
- Unemployed and claiming a means tested benefit*
- Employed and earning less than £18,525 per annum*
- If English is not your first language, your language will be at Entry Level 3 or above
- If you are not UK citizen, you will need to provide a confirmation of EU settlement status or a valid visa
- Successful completion of IT for Beginners and Improvers level.
*see Cost & Finance tab for more information
You will learn how to use:
Microsoft Word to letters and documents including posters
Excel to create spreadsheets with formulas
PowerPoint to create presentations
The course also covers:
Using Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
Why the Met?
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- High-quality learning resource centres providing library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
Our Opening Doors courses are free to those currently unemployed and in receipt of a means tested benefit.
You will need to provide evidence of your benefit in order to receive a fee waiver for this course.
We accept the following Means Tested benefits for this course:
Council Tax Benefit (not reduction)
Please note we cannot accept DLA, Carers Allowance, PIP or Tax Credits.
This course is also free to those who are currently employed and earning less than £18,525 annual gross salary. You will be required to provide evidence of this in order to receive a fee waiver for this course.
We accept the following evidence:
- Last 3 months payslips
- Tax Credit notice (for self employed)
Please note you will also need to bring photo ID to your enrolment.
The amount a person can earn from their wages has gone up, it is now less than £345 a month (learner is sole adult in their benefit claim) or £552 a month (learner has a joint benefit claim with their partner).